Beyond Beginning Watercolor Workshop
Expand your work with watercolor!
This class is the next step from beginning watercolor class goes deeper into composition; perspective; contrast in value, intensity, shape, form, and texture. Creating two vibrant landscape paintings will be our goal.
Requirement: Jan Wright’s beginning watercolor class or equivalent.
DATE & TIME:
Saturday / June 29th
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Review how to create the best composition from photographs
- Sharing of instructor and participants what materials work best and why
- Wet on wet technique vs. underpainting and layering to build up to detail
- Learning to leave whites or lights, why and how
- Perspective, forms, atmospheric perspective, textures, contrast, linear path
- Demo by instructor and time to paint two landscapes
- Knowing when to stop painting
$95.00 per person
STUDENTS WILL PROVIDE:
- own palette with tube or cake transparent watercolors
- Arches 140# cold press watercolor paper for two paintings
- Brushes: 1 inch wash, 1/2 flat, 5 – 8 round, fan or texture brush (optional)
- Photographs of landscapes to paint, preferably printed
- Water container and paper towels
- Lunch and snacks
Artist Studio / Mancos, Colorado / Email for details & directions
At the unique earthen roof home & studio of Jan Wright
13602 Road 33.6, Mancos, CO 81328
Minimum 2 students; Maximum 5 students
Jan Wright / Instructor
About the Artist:
Southwest watercolor artist Jan Wright has lived in the Mancos area for nine years, having exhibited in Artisans of Mancos all that time.
She has produced over 25 one-woman exhibits throughout Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Texas in her 44 years of being an exhibiting artist.
Her paintings are in many national and international personal collections as well as on her website: www.janwrightwatercolors.com