Wish You Could Paint with Watercolor?
Learn how to set up a palette, what brushes do what, what colors mix to make other colors, how much water vs. how much paint, what is a graded wash, learn fun wet on wet technique, how to make a good composition, how to make objects look 3 dimensional, and much more!
DATE & TIME:
Saturday, March 28 and Sunday, March 29
10 – 4 PM
$125.00 per person
- Artist provides hand-out sheet and students can take notes.
- Why watercolor is my favorite medium
- Paintings can be expressive and flowing or tight and detailed
- Learn how to set up a palette
- Color wheel basics; make your own from three colors
- Brushes and their care
- How to paint 3 dimensional objects
- How to make a graded wash, as in skies, and make goofs into clouds
- Wet on wet – playing with watercolor
- Basic composition
- Subject matter & use of photographs
- Presentation, framing & matting
All materials provided
Artist Studio / Mancos, Colorado / Email for details & directions
At the unique earthen roof home & studio of Jan Wright
13602 Road 33.6, Mancos, CO 81328
Minimum 3 students; Maximum 5 students