Wishing You Could Paint with Watercolor?
Beginning Watercolor Class
Learn how to set up a palette, what brushes do what, color wheel, how much water vs. how much paint, graded washes, wet on wet and layering technique, how to make a good composition, how to make objects look 3 dimensional, and much more.
- Why watercolor is my favorite medium
- Paintings can be expressive and flowing or tight and detailed
- Learn how to set up a palette
- Color wheel basics; make your own from three colors
- Brushes and their care
- How to paint 3 dimensional objects
- How to make a graded wash, as in skies, and make goofs into clouds
- Wet on wet – playing with watercolor
- Basic composition
- Subject matter & use of photographs
- Presentation, framing & matting
- All materials provided.
- lunch (filtered water, tea, coffee provided)
Jan Wright / Instructor
About the Artist:
Southwest watercolor artist Jan Wright has lived in the Mancos area for nine years, having exhibited in Artisans of Mancos all that time.
She has produced over 25 one-woman exhibits throughout Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Texas in her 44 years of being an exhibiting artist.
Her paintings are in many national and international personal collections as well as on her website: www.janwrightwatercolors.com