SouthWEST LANDSCAPES IN WATERCOLOR FOR ALL LEVELS
Create landscapes in watercolor with Mancos artist Jan Wright in her unique earthen roof home studio overlooking the dramatic Mesa Verde Range. Learn the essential skills to bring your watercolor paintings to life.
All Levels / From beginner to experienced painter
DATE & TIME:
Saturday & SUNDAY
August 12 – 13, 2017
9 – 4 PM
- All about the palette, paper, paint, and brushes.
- Composition 101: how to plan and lay out your painting.
- How to work from pictures, what’s legal and what’s not.
- Color wheel, Jan’s favorite tube colors, what can be layered vs. making mud!
- How to create smooth graded washes in watercolor, as in skies.
- How to make things look 3-D, as in buildings, rocks, trees, canyons, etc.
- Best effects with shadows and textures & some tricks of the trade.
- Knowing when to QUIT painting! Am I done yet?!?
- Brief talk of matting and framing.
$125.00 per person
Materials provided or bring your own favorites
Artist Studio / Mancos, Colorado / Email for directions
Minimum 3 students; Maximum 5 students
Jan Wright / Instructor
About the Artist:
Southwest watercolor artist Jan Wright has lived in the Mancos area for nine years, having exhibited in Artisans of Mancos all that time.
She has produced over 25 one-woman exhibits throughout Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Texas in her 44 years of being an exhibiting artist.
Her paintings are in many national and international personal collections as well as on her website: www.janwrightwatercolors.com.