ONE OF OUR MOST POPULAR CLASSES!
Silk batik dying on a silk scarf. Learn the basics of silk batik dying through hands-on practice, while you also work on unifying color schemes with undercoat and overcoats of color.
Make a gorgeous silk scarf. Bring yourself and wear old work clothes
DATE & TIME:
Saturday, May 12 – 10 am – 4 pm
Sunday, May 13 11 am to 3 pm
$150.00 per person
All materials included
TBD/ Mancos, Colorado
- Color lessons, with handouts, learning about various modes of color combinations.
- Lecture of batik dying with examples from the instructor’s work
- How to set up your scarf for work
- Design lecture and instructions
- How to use gutta (synthetic resist) and work with overlay of colors
- Student practice
- Finish dying and design
- Fixing the dye with a soda ash preparation, and washing out the excess dye.
- Line dry to prep for final step which is to take to dry cleaner to remove gutta
- Sharing final products