ONE OF OUR MOST POPULAR CLASSES!
Silk batik dying on a silk scarf. Learn the basics of silk batik dying through hands-on practice, while you also work on unifying color schemes with undercoat and overcoats of color.
DATE & TIME:
Saturday, April 8 & 9
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
$120.00 per person
All materials includes
Mt. Lookout Grange / Mancos, Colorado
- Color lessons, with handouts, learning about various modes of color combinations.
- Lecture of batik dying with examples from the instructor’s work
- How to set up your scarf for work
- Design lecture and instructions
- How to use gutta (synthetic resist) and work with overlay of colors
- Student practice
- Finish dying and design
- Fixing the dye with a soda ash preparation, and washing out the excess dye.
- Line dry to prep for final step which is to take to dry cleaner to remove gutta
- Sharing final products