Master The Chicken
Become the master of the whole chicken. Besides learning basic knife skills, you will learn how to spatchcock a chicken for easy roasting and grilling. You will debone and stuff a chicken leg and thigh (which we will cook and eat for lunch). You will also learn how to use the chicken breast, not only for a main course, but also as a delicious appetizer. Learn the basics of making chicken stock.
DATE & TIME:
Saturday / August 11th
9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
– Basic Knife skills for dicing and stuffing preparation
– Spatchcock a chicken
– Breakdown the chicken
– Debone leg, thigh, breast.
– Stuff and bake leg and thigh for lunch
– Use the breast for main course as well as appetizer.
– Learn the basics of stock preparation
$75.00 per person + $7.00 material fee
- Boning Knife
- Chefs knife
- Kitchen shears
- (You can share knives and shears, but will slow down the class a bit)
- Cutting board to be used for raw chicken
- A whole chicken approximately 3 – 4 lbs
- Gallon plastic baggies for taking your chicken home.
The Mancos Mt. Lookout Grange
Minimum 4 students; Maximum 8 students
Jana Goldstein / Instructor
About the Artist:
Jana began her culinary career in the same manner as many do. She was born into it! Her Italian grandparents and both of her parents loved to cook! An early exposure to great food sparked a passion that continues to this day.
She trained at Zona Spray Cooking School, an accredited cooking school in Hudson, Ohio. Her training lead her to a position in the cooking school. She worked along side many professional chefs that taught at Zona Spray Cooking School, including Michael Symon (The Chew).
Her love of food, cooking and healthy eating lead to a 21 year personal chef/catering business. She has since retired from her catering business, but the love of food has lead her to sharing her knowledge in a classroom environment.