Saturday, October 28th – 10 am to 4pm
- Design a unique shaped gourd bowl using cutting, carving and inlaying techniques.
- Learn how to use ink dyes and various other dyes.
- Carving techniques with dremel bits will be shown to create textural feel on the gourd.
- Add rim treatments like horsehair or pine needles will also be covered.
- Take home a beautiful bowl to decorate your table or mantle place.
$55 workshop registration fee
$20 materials fee will be collected at the time of the class
You will learn:
- Cleaning of the gourd on the inside for a polished look
- Proper cutting techniques, sanding and safety issues.
- Use of dyes and color schemes.
- Inlaying of beads, attaching embellishments and basic weaving techniques.
Email Janice for additional information and directions to her studio.
Janice Reich / Instructor
Fascinated with all the different aspects of how a gourd can be transformed Janice started her education through books & classes. Her talent has flourished and her passion as a gourd artist was quickly reinforced with multiple awards.
Janice helps her students allow their art to take on the natural form of the gourd that then becomes intertwined with other components. Each shape gives opportunity and inspiration for a unique design – with surprises along the way.