Beyond Beginning Watercolor Workshop
Discover the magic of watercolor! Making your painting vibrant with color and interesting with shape and form! Creating detail within the textures, reflections, and shadows of a landscape! Wet on wet fun! A one day intensive watercolor workshop for Jan’s former beginning students or those experienced in painting watercolors.
DATE & TIME:
Saturday / September 29th
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Review of instructor’s favorite supplies and why
- Brief demonstration of how to begin a landscape
- Discussion of each student’s selection of subject (photograph to paint), including best possible composition, color, how to begin, etc.
- Time to paint! Instructor input throughout.
- Development of demo, working with details, textures, shadows
- Brief critique on paintings so far during lunch break
- Demo of wet on wet floral (or landscape if class prefers) to free up expression
- Time to paint!
- Final critique
$95.00 per person
Bring what watercolor supplies you have, to be supplemented by instructor if needed
Artist Studio / Mancos, Colorado / Email for details & directions
At the unique earthen roof home & studio of Jan Wright
13602 Road 33.6, Mancos, CO 81328
Minimum 2 students; Maximum 5 students
Jan Wright / Instructor
About the Artist:
Southwest watercolor artist Jan Wright has lived in the Mancos area for nine years, having exhibited in Artisans of Mancos all that time.
She has produced over 25 one-woman exhibits throughout Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Texas in her 44 years of being an exhibiting artist.
Her paintings are in many national and international personal collections as well as on her website: www.janwrightwatercolors.com