Make your dreams of painting in Watercolor a reality!
Learn how to set up a palette, what brushes do what, color wheel, how much water vs. how much paint, graded washes, wet on wet and layering technique, how to make a good composition, and much more.
DATE & TIME:
Saturday / August 18th
9 – 4 PM
- Why watercolor is my favorite medium
- Paintings can be expressive and flowing or tight and detailed
- Learn how to set up a palette; color wheel basics
- Brushes and their care
- How to make a graded wash, as in skies
- Wet on wet – playing with watercolor
- Basic composition
- Subject matter & use of photographs
- Presentation, framing & matting
$95.00 per person
Materials provided or bring your own favorites
Artist Studio / Mancos, Colorado / Email for details & directions
At the unique earthen roof home & studio of Jan Wright
13602 Road 33.6, Mancos, CO 81328
Minimum 2 students; Maximum 7 students
Jan Wright / Instructor
About the Artist:
Southwest watercolor artist Jan Wright has lived in the Mancos area for nine years, having exhibited in Artisans of Mancos all that time.
She has produced over 25 one-woman exhibits throughout Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Texas in her 44 years of being an exhibiting artist.
Her paintings are in many national and international personal collections as well as on her website: www.janwrightwatercolors.com